The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Tuesday, May 16

*Shhh!!* Finals are coming, don't let them hear us!

I'm going to get pretty quiet online these next few weeks, though of course for procrastination's sake I will not shut up entirely on here, I'm sure...

But, just so you know... when you come here and see the same old boring posts that you've read already, take a moment and say a prayer for all of us over here before clicking over to the next blog, would you?

I can see my exams now:
Trinitarian Theology Prof [TTP]: "Explain the Trinity"
Me: "um, it's a mystery?"
TTP: "Yes, but what can we come to know about the mystery of the Trinity?"
Me: "It's an infinite mystery?"
TTP: "Infinite in what way?"
Me: "A mysterious way!"
TTP: [sigh... this is going to be a long 10 minutes.]

Ok, so maybe it won't be quite that bad. But still. We're talking about the TRINITY here. And we all know what that means - 9,364,323,837,698,983+ ways to be a heretic (can we say, homoousios and homoiousios!?). Although, according to past research I am not a heretic, so maybe there's hope.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger DP said…

    I share your fear. I hate those theology exam questions where you're thinking to yourself "Now, if I misspell this word or miss this one little point I'm going to go down in the books for heresy!" Perhaps, even worse, is when you have to review a book for a theology course and you know there's heresy in it but you're not exactly sure if you've picked up on all the heretical comments. I'm always afraid that I'm going to miss some blatant heresy and let it just slip by. This was the case when reading "Christology" by Fr. O'Collins. . . number one hint that it might contain something heretical? Book written by a Catholic priest and lacking the imprimateur and nihil obstat.

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Hagis said…

    Thanks for dropping by! I'm agnostic myself but do enjoy a good chat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home