The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, July 10


The Blessed Sacrament is kept in the crypt, in a beautiful and peaceful side chapel (out of the way of most of the loud, gawking tourists). I think the tabernacle itself is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, the light was very dim so it was difficult to get a decent photo of it - but hopefully you can get an idea from this. Behind the tabernacle altar is an apse area, decorated with ancient frescoes, mostly ruined unfortunately due to the moisture down here over the centuries. This little nook is, I believe, literally thought to be the actual spot where Benedict and Scholastica were born. And I really love that tabernacle. I spent a lot of time in prayer down here, in the cool of the crypt, before our Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home