The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Sunday, June 4


May 31st was my feast day - the fest of the Visitation. I celebrated it in a very special way - praying the Rosary in the Vatican Gardens with the Holy Father! :) Well, me and a lot of other people. You see, every year on May 31st the Vatican quietly opens up the Gardens in the evening to the public for a Rosary procession through the grounds to the pope's Lourdes grotto. At the Grotto, the Pope leads a prayer service and gives a brief reflection before imparting his apostolic blessing. Here is a photo as we were walking around the rear side of the Basilica, beyond the Scavi entrances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home