The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Sunday, May 21

Sunday Ballet - Goethe's "Faust"


So - a week ago (ok, so I'm a bit behind.) a bunch of us went to the splendid Teatro dell'Opera in central Rome, to attend the ballet Faust. I'd never been inside the theater before, nor had I ever seen a ballet before - and, thus, you may also conclude that I had never seen Faust before.

Well, our first glance around the theater was, as you can see, very impressive. Particularly considering that the theater is inside a very fascist looking "cinder block" in the midst of the not-so-pristine-looking area near Termini. And it was built by Mussolini I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home