The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Sunday, May 21


Straight from Mahoney's RE Congress it's the New Wine liturgical dance corps!... No, wait. These are real ballet dancers. In a real ballet. On a real stage. (More RE Congress pictures on the PhatMass site, if you dare)

BTW, I should probably say something about the ballet itself before I leave for the night - it was AMAZING. There is so much there, I can't seem to find a good summary of it online anywhere, which is unfortunate, but the basic theme is that there is a man who is overcome by sin, making a pact with the devil. Progressively, he gets involved in a relationship with a girl, who subsequently dies and through her and divine assistance the man is able to throw off the chain of the devil. It is very much a story of sin and redemption, though not explicitly Christian. I highly recommend that if you have an opportunity to go see this ballet. The one we saw was done by Goethe, I'm not sure if it makes a difference (I'm, as I said, a complete neophyte to the ballet/opera world). I'd go to it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home