The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, May 25


So today is Ascension Thursday. Though I bet a lot of folks don't know it, since so many diocese have started making "transferring" feast days the regular game plan. But don't get me started. Suffice it to say that the Vatican, at least, (and 35 dioceses in the USA, I was happily shocked to hear) celebrates the Ascension on the proper day - 40 days following the Resurrection of our Lord on Easter Sunday. Thus, Pentecost is only two Sundays away - get it? Pentecost = 10 days after the Ascension! Anyway. Today, on this glorious day, not only was I able to go to Mass at the Vatican, but I was able to go to Mass in the beautiful Clementine Chapel, the chapel with the altar against the very tomb of St. Peter itself. And not only that, but it was a First Communion Mass for the daughter of a wonderful family back in St. Paul, celebrated by our one and only Padre Carola. Can we say, "NICE!"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home