The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, May 4


In the old chapter room, now converted to be used as a chapel. On the altar's left side is a new reliquary, to be given to the nuns at Monte Mario (the original convent of nuns founded by Dominic I believe, transferred up there when it was decided that their old convent should become the Angelicum - my school!). The reliquary is quite impressive, it has a large and very nicely done statue of Dominic, and above it in almost a luna type reliquary is a large piece of Dominic's skull (straight from Bologna I presume?)! It is very large, and quite striking. I have to wonder what the main skull reliquary looks like now up in Bologna...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home