The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, May 8


At the beginning of the ceremony, various military units and bands marched into the Square, all had some kind of affiliation with Switzerland/Vatican/Swiss Guards I guess. These, I think, are a military band from Switzerland - I really liked their uniforms.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I seem to recall a unit of these troops in the square shown photographed with the St. George cross flag. I think they may be a City of London militia unit, but the uniform details don't look quite right--it's hard to tell at this distance. Maybe they are Swiss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home