The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Tuesday, April 18


Tuesday of Holy Week - Station Church - Santa Prisca. A little-known church tucked away on the backside of the Aventine, thought to be perhaps the site of a house of an early Roman martyr, that is said to have been baptized by St. Peter at the age of 13. Her body is under the high altar after being found and moved there by Pope Eutychianus (say that name. I dare you.).

1 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Moniales said…

    The first mass I ever went to in Rome was here. About 5 minutes after I arrived at the hotel right next door--Maximus? something or other. Well it was '89!

    SMC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home