The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Wednesday, April 26


Monday night, we went for some dinner and, against my better judgment, I went with them to eat some gelato on the Spanish Steps... If anyone has even the slightest knowledge of Rome, you know that the Spanish Steps are basically the craziest and most crowded part of the city at most hours of day or night (only the Trevi Fountain might be more so), and anyone who does venture to go there and actually tries to sit down will almost instantly be accousted by various men hawking ridiculous things, like bubble making guns, hacky-sacks, and those spinning wheel things that fly into the air. Yes, that's pretty much what happened to us too. We ate our gelato, looked a bit at the pretty flowers in the dark (one of these mornings as I go by I need to take a photo for you of the newly-decorated-for-spring Steps - the flowers are donated every year by the [Catholic] Queen of Belgium I've been told!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home