The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Tuesday, April 18


I made it into the church ahead of the rest of them, thanks to some fancy footwork and my ability to fill all available space in a line... but we still didn't get very good seats to see anything during the Mass. I have to say, it was one of the most beautiful liturgies ever, but sadly, I am afraid that many of us are infected with the American "need to see" - the thinking that when we can't see, we aren't participating, and if we aren't participating, then we're just watching, and if we're just watching, then we can chit-chat through whatever it is... The "background noise" during this Mass was a bit much, sad to say - but at the same time, I was restless myself because I couldn't see, I hate to admit. So I can't throw too many stones here. Anyway, it was gorgeous, from what I could hear ;) and I would someday like to get a video of it to watch.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Moniales said…

    We got a great view watching parts of it on CTV. The best part of that is that there is NO COMMENTARY like on EWTN!
    These are so wonderful to see. Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home