The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, April 20


Easter Sunday morning - with only about 2 hours of sleep behind me, I staggered down to the Square with a few other people to... be first in line again. Yes, we are crazy. But, the way I figured it, I was going to do this Holy Week in Rome *right*, so that if ever I am in Rome again during Holy Week -- I won't feel like I have to "do" Holy Week with the Pope anymore (really, of all places I think I personally would have preferred going back to Vienna again for Holy Week, and joining Cardinal Schonborn at the Stephensdom Cathedral there... but I digress.). So yeah, we were first, and I bolted out of the starting gate and snagged us five amazing seats in the very front section, right on the aisle! Sweet. The Swiss Guards were all over the place too, up on the columnade too - here is one with the papal apartment windows in the background. (PS - Hi Kara! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home