The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Sunday, April 16

Buona Pasqua - I'm alive... barely!

You know, for future reference I am either going to give up blogging/internet all together, or not even try to "limit" my blogging to once a week. Doing the Lenten practice of Sunday-only blogging has I think been more of an interference than me just blogging as life goes...

Anyway. Yes - Happy Easter (and happy birthday to our Holy Father too - we made him a birthday card today and handed it off to Msgr. Ganswain in the Mass procession! :) We have all managed to survive, somehow... but I am utterly exhausted and looking back on this past week of adventures and blessings is more than I can handle right now after waiting in line for hours in the sun the past four days with almost no sleep. I need to go to bed! For the record, yes, I did go to every single papal liturgy. And even a few non-papal ones. Plus the Super-Lenten Station Church adventure that lasted 12 hours and 18 miles. And did you know that it is possible to visit 14 churches in less than two hours (at least in Rome)? Stay tuned for all this and more on your local Roman blogstation.

Tomorrow will be a busy day as well with a friend's deaconate ordination here in Rome (pray for him please!), so I don't know if I will get to all my mounds of photos and stories of our Holy Week's holy nuttiness. I will if I can. But, by Tuesday for sure I will be back here blogging regularly...

God bless everyone, and enjoy the rest of your Easter! (Since most of you back home still have quite a few hours of it left to enjoy! If the Easter bunny was good enough to get you some Reese's, please do have one for me please. :)

Oh yeah - least we could forget,

JESUS CHRIST IS ALIVE, ALLELUIA ALLELUIA!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mary I so appreciate all that you do sharing your time in Rome with us. I look forward to looking every Monday lately! and everyday otherwise. I want to miss NOTHING! I cannot tell you enough how I appreciate all that you do. Thank you so very much for all of the hard work you put into it!!!

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Easter!

    Thank you for the superb photos and the interesting commentary.

    Dominic

     

Post a Comment

<< Home