The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Sunday, March 12


On Friday evening, I got restless and decided to make my way down to Santa Croce to pray before the relics of the Cross, the Way of the Cross. Well, when I got there I discovered a great ecclestiastical museum all set up near the relics (which Amy had mentioned in her great blog entries from last week, but I forgot...) - it was great to see, but bad for praying, since people and tours were going through constantly. So I left there, and ended up at my "other" (for the umpteenth time) favorite spot in Rome, the church of St. Alphonsus, located near St. Mary Major. They have the original icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help (one of my big devotions), and are a fairly active parish - so I shouldn't have been surprised when I discovered them right in the middle of doing a community Stations of the Cross when I got there. But I was. And it was great to join in (and learn "because by your holy Cross you have redeemed the world" in Italian). Afterwards I just prayed for a bit, the church looked great all lit up with candles beneath all the Stations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home