The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Saturday, February 18


Finally, yet another unexpected finding of a saint - on our way to the Greg yesterday to meet up with Fr. Carola for lunch, Sierra and I found ourselves in front of San Clodio, which I hadn't been to before - we looked in the glass doors and saw that there was Adoration going on! Of course, we had to stop in to say hello to Jesus... when we went in, I saw that the church was in the care of the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament, founded by St. Peter Julian Eymard, who is one of my favorite spiritual writers. So, when I went in and saw that there was a side altar that seemed to be a tomb, I had to say "excuse me" to Jesus quickly to go over to check... yup, according to the card on the wall "il corpo di San Pietro Eymard" was there. Great deal, and we even made it to the Greg on time :) Thus concludes my photo gallery of my visits this past week in Rome - and of course, my prayers were with you all wherever I was, and to all the saints that I got to rediscover here, may their intercession be with us all! After my glorious pilgrimage week off, I now need to spend my weekend cracking open more Italian books in prepartion for classes next week... ugh - please say a prayer for me! Per mi, italiano molte difficile!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Zadok the Roman said…

    San Clodio is a wonderful little oasis in the centre of Rome. When the Church is open the sacrament is always exposed and there's always a priest there to hear confessions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home