The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, January 12

While we're waiting for that encyclical...

Being that I found myself today with an afternoon comfortably spaced between the busy Christmas season/travel/writing papers, and the countdown to finals in a few weeks, I took an opportunity to try to catch up on some reading. What a glorious afternoon! I was able to finish reading Veritatis Splendor, the Spirit of the Liturgy by (then) Cardinal Ratzinger, and I also happened upon a papal message from the Christmas season that I had missed in the commotion... the Christmas Address of His Holiness Benedict XVI to the Roman Curia.

While I of course highly recommend that you also read the first two things I read, my point in this blog post is to encourage you all to read the last Christmas Address (if you missed it like I did!), covering the Pope's outline of the events of the past year and including a reflection on the meaning of Vatican II (40 years post-council) that is valuable enough to warrant its own document... Enjoy, while we're awaiting that encyclical (which the rumor mill says has been delayed precisely because the Holy Father would like to us to internalize all of the spiritual writings that were given to us over the Christmas season, like this Address)!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much for your beautiful blog. I have to admit my jealousy of your time spent completely immersed in studying and absorbing the faith. It takes me back to another time in my life. God willing, I will have the time again later in life! God bless you and your studies.

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your blog...please keep the pictures coming! They're awesome. Living vicariously through you, too!

    Blessings to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home