The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, January 9


Ok - now it is time for photos from Auschwitz. This was one of the most moving experiences I have ever had in my life, to visit this place of so much darkness - and light. In particular, I came on pilgrimage to visit the death cell of St. Maximilain Kolbe, and to visit the area where St. Edith Stein also gave her life (an anonymous body sent to the gas chambers of Birkneau, the neighboring concentration camp to Auschwitz). Also - I have decided to adjust the photos I took at Auschwitz to black and white images, as I think it is more fitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home