The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, January 26


In that same church there was something that I've never seen before -- check out this Nativity set. Now, this was on January 23... they have moved the Holy Family to be fleeing for Egypt, led by an angel, while back in Bethlehem there is a depiction of the slaughter of the innocents. I have seen some parishes "move" the wise men around, and others take Jesus out of the crib and put him in Mary's arms a few weeks after Christmas - but this is the first time I have seen this elaborate of a depiction of a "moving Nativity set"... I like the idea I guess, but I really wonder how far this parish goes with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home