The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, January 9


In the morning I went over to the chapel for morning Mass. (There is Masses going on at the Sanctuary constantly, in both Basilica and chapel -- that is incredibly neat to hear, I prayed in the Blessed Sacrament chapel for awhile and my "background" was the sound of two Masses, and whenever one finished another one began!) Well, I happened to come to the chapel just as one of the priests was beginning a sung Latin Mass!! It was wonderful, finally I could follow along fully with all the Mass parts (Polish is an incredibly hard language to even attempt to understand... After a week of Polish Masses I still couldn't always pick up when the Sign of the Cross was being said!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home