The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, January 30

First round of finals... finito!

Ok - the first round of final exams are in the bag for me, now I have a big gap of a week and then I have my final final of the semester on the 7th (Moral Theology with Fr. Giertych, papal household theologian and now just named as consultor to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Hmm... I think I'm very glad I have a full week to study!)

The house is a bit nuts at the moment, as most of the students are going to be leaving us only two mornings from now (*sniffle*!) to return to the States... Only myself and two of the other girls are going to stick around - and the next crew of spring semester students doesn't get here until the 8th!! So not only will we have to go through the traumatic shock of household separation at 6:45am on Wednesday morning, but then we are...alone. Thanos is even threatening to turn off the heat! :) Well, like all things in life, it is good and bad - I know most of them (and one in particular!!) is incredibly anxious to get home to see the family, and it will of course be great to begin a fresh new semester and meet a bunch of new people too!

So, for now, please just keep us all in your prayers as we go through some big transitions once more, for those leaving, those coming, and yeah, for us who are just plain staying put for awhile! And know that you are certainly in our prayers as well. Good night!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Zadok the Roman said…

    Good luck with the study!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet you failed horribly

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Maria Neva said…

    Given the Italian educational system, it'll be a miracle if I even find out! *grin*

    Oh, and how was that Modern Philosophy final of yours, Mr. Sandy? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home