The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, December 12

Out of the Silence...

Greetings to all on this Feast of our Lady of Guadalupe!! Sorry I have been silent here for the past few days, but actually, believe it or not (at least for those who know me!) I have honestly been silent for the past few days -- on a wonderful weekend retreat at the English College's retreat house on Lake Albano, Villa Palazzola. Fr. Carola led us on a mini-Ignatian retreat, really only a brief introduction to the Spiritual Exercises, but I think it was perhaps the most spiritually fruitful retreat I have ever gone on. Someday I would love to go on a longer silent retreat in this style.

Anyway, at the moment, we have just returned from classes (yep, we went straight from peaceful, quiet, reflective, retreat villa - to class.) and are about to go out for some Mexican dinner in honor of the feast day of Our Lady. When we return, I shall attempt to give more of a reflection and a few photos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home