The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, September 5


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This is the lower part of a chapel that I completely forgot to tell you about!! Bad me! The Sainte Chappele is a BEAUTIFUL old gothic chapel (really a church I think - it's big enough!) that is now, sadly, only a "museum". I believe it was the former chapel for the royal family (or at least some powerful dukes and such). The chapel is famous for its stained glass in the upper church. You enter in the lower part, which is badly damaged but still shows very clearly the detail and beauty that it was when it was still actively used to worship God, as you can see. The colors here are pretty accurate to how I saw them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home