The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, September 1

Hurricane Katrina

Oh my, I just now found out the extent of what has happened in New Orleans and the Gulf area -- there has been some coverage of the hurricane here, probably a lot actually, but I have not had very good access to the news (being as how I don't speak German or French!), no TV for quite some time, and limited Internet access... I only know what I see on the front pages of the newspapers at the newsstands as I walk by... Caroline's family did ask me about the hurricane yesterday at dinner, but I did not know much to tell them, they had to tell me many of the details. Now I see from Foxnews how bad it is!!!

I do not think I know anyone in the area of the devastation, but my prayers go out for all who have been affected!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Adoro said…

    Please, please pray for the people suffering in the wake of Katrina.

    I'm not sure what your internet access is, so if you can, go to:

    www.foxnews.com

    They have photo essays you can click on. A picture is worth a thousand words...really take a look. Our hearts are breaking.

    NO was a major port...here in MN, we are paying over $3/ gallon for gas, and refugees are actually headed in our direction.

    The evil that is flourishing there is excessive and of course all the survivors need more prayers. Please encourage those you meet in Europe to pray for America.

    God bless you!

    (aka JCPhoenix )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home