The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, September 1

At home in Nantes

I have arrived safely in Nantes, France, my train from Paris was quite comfortable and fast. Caroline met me at the train station (it was funny, I came in on an earlier train than I had planned, and she was not expecting me to be early so we were both waiting in the same spot for about 10 minutes before we both looked at each other and said whoa - hello!! :) Caroline took me in her family's car to pick up her mother, whom I love already, and then brought me to her family's home - it is beautiful here! Very comfortable and "homey" with a lot of French charm and a beautiful garden in the back. Her family is great, very friendly and warm, and they all speak fairly good English (not as well as Caroline though, who is going for her master's in English currently!).

I am going to take a few days to just relax and rest, go to Mass and pray - it is so good to be settled for awhile! I hope to catch up on e-mails in the next few days... stay tuned... I will try to post some more photos later, I have my little USB flash card with me so I will attempt to transfer some photos to their computer and then post them... otherwise it will have to wait until I can find a wireless access point around here.

Au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home