The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Friday, August 19

The Roamin' Roman

Hello from Germany! I do not have much time, but I am ok and with a host family with Fr. Joseph Williams and another Emmanuel pilgrim. Tonight (Friday) I go to meet up with an Austrian priest from Emmanuel, I will be traveling with his group on Sunday to go to Vienna Austria and stay in Vienna for 5 days!!!

My phone does not work here in Germany (that I can figure out anyway), so sorry.... Perhaps it will work in Austria...

WYD is GREAT! The German people are very welcoming, even though we have invaded their country! The pope came into Cologne yesterday, we watched on big screens. Today we are doing the Way of the Cross with the pope, tomorrow we leave to walk to the pilgrim field (Marienfeld) and then sleep outside tomorrow night to await the big Mass with Pope Benedict on Sunday morning. Sadly I was not able to get to the Cathedral of Cologne, I tried yesterday, but happened to get there right after the Pope was leaving and the area was jammed, and they were not letting anyone else into the Cathedral. I may try again today... Oh well.

I am on my host family's computer, no photos, sorry! I must go now, but I am praying for you all, and will try to get in touch again soon!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home