The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Monday, July 4

Benvenuto!

Welcome to my travel blog! Bookmark it now, and check back to see how the journey is progressing. My name is Mary, and I am currently a senior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN, majoring in Philosophy, Theology, and Catholic Studies. As part of UST's Catholic Studies Rome program, I will be in studying in Italy from September 2005 - June 2006! I am taking the opportunity to go to Europe early, however, and so I will be in Europe from August 9th, 2005 until sometime in June, 2006.

Here's the plan thus far:

From August 9th - August 21st, I will be going with a group of young adults on pilgrimage, first to Italy (Rome, Assisi, Siena, Bologna, and Turin) and then on to World Youth Day in Cologne, Germany!

WYD is a special gathering of youth and young adults from around the world (over a million of us!) with our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI. WYD was started by Pope John Paul II early in his pontificate, and it is an amazing way for youth across the world to come together in faith and worship of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, in union with the universal Church. What a beautiful start to my time abroad! I will try to update this blog with photos and pilgrimage reflections... but I have no idea what kind of Internet access I will have.

From August 21st - September 23rd, I will be... roamin'! France maybe, or Ireland, or Italy, or... God only knows where (literally!). Again, I have no idea what kind of Internet access I might have, but I will try to post some photos and info on what's going on when I can!

Beginning September 23rd, I will be moved into Rome, living in the University of St. Thomas' Bernadi residence house. This is a special "campus" that UST has purchased for its students to live in while they study at various locations in Rome. I will be studying at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas (commonly known as the Angelicum). I will be living in Rome through next June, with no definate return date to the States at this time.

Everyone is welcome to e-mail me whenever! My primary e-mail while abroad will be marygibson81@hotmail.com.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Perry Lorenzo said…

    You have a terrific blog . . .and I am enjoying reading it. do check out my own . . .recently started . . .perrylorenzo.blogspot.com in Seattle

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger PV said…

    You have a great blog.The pictures are breath-taking.Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home