The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Thursday, May 4


A very beautiful carving, showing Dominic's vision in which he saw Our Lady opening her mantle to show him how the Dominicians are kept safely protected within its folds.

I think Fr. Benoit said that this carving dated from the 15th century. It is now hanging on the wall directly behind the altar. I would LOVE to find a copy of it... doubtful though. Good thing I have a nice photo of it!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger judithmiryam said…

    Thanks for the wonderful photos, especially of Santa Sabina! We do have a postcard here of that carving,though the colors are not that vivid. I could scan it and make a copy for you!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Fr Nicholas said…

    You can buy posters of that carving in the S Sabina shop - or at least you could 5 years ago when I was a seminarisn in Rome

     

Post a Comment

<< Home