The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Saturday, February 11


Yes, blogging has been light - that's what happens when you start settling into a whole new house. It's really strange, I've never "moved" into a new house without moving before!

Well - I realized that I hadn't posted these few photos yet, they are from Santa Maria in Trastevere (one of the oldest churches in Rome). Last Sunday Sierra and I went to their weekly Sunday evening Byzantine Rite Divine Liturgy (basically the Eastern Catholics' form of the Mass, still counts as Sunday attendance for us Roman Catholics too!).

I love the Eastern Rite liturgies, they have maintained a high sense of the sacredness of worship throughout centuries - many times in the larger cities there will either be an Eastern Rite parish or a Roman Catholic parish that offers weekly/monthly Divine Liturgies in cooperation with an Eastern Rite priest. Here in Rome there are both options, there is a Greek Catholic [Byzantine] parish between Piazza del Popolo and the Spanish Steps, and there is also this weekly Sunday evening liturgy at the Roman Catholic parish of Santa Maria in Trastevere.

I highly recommend checking out the life, music, and liturgy of our eastern brothers and sisters in Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home