The Roamin' Roman

Benvenuto! You have happened upon the blog of a wandering Catholic American college student studying for a year in Rome, the Eternal City. You will find here my pontifications, ruminations, reflections, images, and ponderings on my life in Rome. Ciao!

Wednesday, February 22


Of course, since I was in St. Peter's, I had to also pay my respects to the tomb of Peter. Here is a kind of unusual angle to get a picture from, from outside the confessio looking down into the tomb area. His bones are NOT in that box you see (in there are the palliums which are given to new bishops, made from the wool of the lambs blessed on the feast of St. Agnes every year). Nope, Peter's bones are in the side wall of that little nook around that box of palliums. For more on that, see George Weigel's wonderful commentary on the "Scavi of St. Peter's and the Grittiness of Catholicism" at http://catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0735.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home